Every Friday I am going to try and do my "Favourite Five..." in different categories, whether that be my favourite five contemporary books or my favourite five book covers. (Key word being try in that sentence so no promises but I will certainly make an effort!)
So to kick off my "Favourite Five Friday" I am starting with my top five female characters. Everyone has their favourite heroines and I love finding a good book with a strong, independent female character in it.
5. Number 5 on my top fictional female characters is Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices series. I think Tessa is an amazing character and is one of the reasons why I love the The Infernal Devices series so much (that and Will Herondale of course). She is intelligent. strong-willed and caring, and definitely isn't someone who will just sit back and wait for answers. Another reason why I love her character is that she's not afraid to stand up for herself, bearing in mind the Infernal Devices is set in the 19th century when women were not so brave and independent. As well as her passion for reading she also has Will and Jem, need I say any more.
4. Tris Prior from Divergent is my fourth favourite female character. Tris is one of the strongest characters I have ever read, she goes through so much in the Divergent series and I love how she always learns from her mistakes. She is also very smart and strong-willed, but one of my favourite things about her character has to be how brave she is. Every time she would do something courageous I would be in awe at her bravery and wish I could be as fearless as her.
3. Number 3 on my list is a new favourite character of mine and that is Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series. Celaena is a total badass and I find her character so intriguing to read. She is very arrogant and whilst some might not like this about her I really love how she knows how good she is and how she is not afraid to tell people this. As well as being a major badass, she is also smart and funny but even though she is this deadly assassin she still loves to read and get dressed up in pretty clothes which makes me love her even more.
2. My second favourite female character is Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. Katniss is a fighter there's no doubt about that, she is one of the bravest and strongest characters I have ever read, I mean she survived the hunger games, twice! She is fiercely independent and strong individual, who doesn't allow others to dictate her life and I love this about her. But as well as being brave and strong, she is also very compassionate which makes her character a lot more relatable.
1. My favourite ever fictional female character is Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. As well as being incredibly intelligent, she is also a brave, loyal individual and a fierce friend. She can go from quiet and thoughtful to rebellious and flighty in the turn of a page and without Hermione, Harry and Ron probably wouldn't have even made it to the last book. She inspires me to work hard and stand up for what I believe in and I feel that she also made me realise that its okay to a bit nerdy and liking books isn't anything to be ashamed of. Not only is she a daring heroine she is also the perfect role model not just for young girls but for women as a whole.






I love your idea of Favourite Five Friday! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteThankyou!
Delete