Thursday, 31 July 2014

July Book Haul

Hello! This is my first book haul blog post and I am very excited about it. I don't know about you but I love to have a little nosey and see the books other people have bought. Book hauls introduce me to new books that I've never heard of and convince me to go out and buy them all, which I suppose is sort of bad but I don't mind even if it means my TBR pile is about as tall as me. So here are the books that I purchased in the month of July...

The first book I bought this month is Cress by Marissa Meyer which is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles series. Cinder and Scarlet, the first two books, had been sitting on my shelf for a while and I finally got around to reading them this month so after finishing Scarlet I immediately bought Cress. I now love The Lunar Chronicles and I can't believe I didn't read them sooner, they are so good! I finished Cress a few days after I bought it and I've begun the long wait for the last book in the series which isn't coming out until next year.

The next book I bought and already read is The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas. This book is a bind up of the five novellas for The Throne of Glass series, which is now one of my new favourites. I just love everything about this series and I am so excited for Heir of Fire! As you can see on my copy the beautiful gold writing has rubbed of slightly but aside from this the cover for this book and the other books in the series are absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed this book and I loved learning about Celaena's past adventures and how she become who she is in Throne of Glass. 

Another book I bought this month is Shattered by Teri Terry which is the last book in the Slated trilogy. I loved Slated, the first book in the trilogy, and I am currently reading the second book Fractured. What I've read so far of this series is really good and I'm looking forward to continue reading it. I don't think it is that popular and I have no idea why as the story is so cool. Slated is a dystopian novel where the government give people who have committed crimes a second chance by erasing all of their memories, the story follows a girl who has been "slated" however she begins to remember things from her past and its all about her trying to find out the truth. If you haven't read it I recommend you do!

The next books are The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. I've heard so many good things about The Darkest Minds series and I've had it on my "books to buy" list for ages! I got them both in hard copy which is exciting for me because I never get hardback books as they are always a lot more expensive but I had a discount code so I finally caved and purchased them. All that I know about them is what I've read from the blurb so I'm really looking forward to reading them!

And the last books I bought this month are the two bind ups of the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I am very excited to read these books and they were also on my "books to buy" list for ages. All I know is what I've read from the blurb which sounds really cool and I will definitely be reading these soon.

So that wraps up my first book haul, I hope that this may have helped you in what books to buy next and I apologise to your wallets if it has. Thankyou for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment